I love all types of ‘wrap em up’ foods – tacos, falafel sandwich, kebab and plain old sandwiches. My favourite is probably tacos, but that is more a hark back to the old El Paso stuff we had as kids. Still good for something that comes in a yellow box, but I will only use them in an absolute pinch. Instead, I do my best to make everything myself – no powdered, no frozen dough, no preservatives.Now this little one isn’t a taco, but it’s awesome in all sorts like kebabs and to dip into stuff like shakshuka. Also, they’re dead easy.
Flatbreads (makes 4)
- 200g strong white flour
- 100ml warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Combine everything in a bowl and then knead together on a floured surface.
- If it’s too sticky at more flour, too crumbly add more water.
- When the dough is smooth cover in cling film and let it rest for 15-20 mins.
- Divide into four and then roll out into like 4-6inch round flat breads.
- Heat a frying pan with no oil to really hot then throw in one flatbread at a time.
- When they’ve puffed up, flip them. About 1-2 mins each side