All credit to this Reddit Gif recipe from u/pumpypurbrakeskid for the lion’s share of the inspiration and guidance.
Takeaways are great and with deliveroo it’s almost too damn easy in London these days. Instead of going for our usual Thai takeaway (the best one, Rosas, doesn’t seem to be on deliveroo anymore in any event), I whipped up a Thai green curry with chicken the other night. Absolutely tasty and just the right amount of kick.
I made a paste rather than dumping the coconut milk in right away which means we have another bit ready to go in a couple of weeks for the next one!
Best part is that it can easily be made vegan if that takes your fancy.
Chicken Green Thai curry (2 – 4 portions)
Ingredients – curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- Handful Thai basil leaves
- 3 green chilliest (1 1/2 deseeded to take out kick)
- Handful coriander
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 eschallion shallot
- 4-5cm worth fresh ginger
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
Ingredients – full meal
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100g green beans
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 tin bamboo shoots
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Blend all curry paste ingredients into a paste in the blender. It should be a pesto like consistency without the oil. (I used a little oil so it would blend easier and then oil to seal it in the jar so it would keep in the fridge for next time).
- Brown chicken strips in a wok or big pot.
- Remove and stir fry the veg and bamboo strips.
- Add back chicken and then stir in curry paste.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 5-15 mins.
- Serve with rice of your choice or just eat as is.