it’s not the most beautiful thing in the world, but it’s a damn tasty way to use Christmas leftovers. I thought that my wife was be brilliantly creative when she suggested that we use the leftover turkey to make a curry. It was only afterwards that I realised she got the idea from Bridget Jones diary – the pot luck turkey curry where she sees darcy (?) – I think that’s right. Anyway, I have to give my thanks as it’s a great, if not very original idea and it will definitely form part of the traditions going forward in our family.
Christmas leftover turkey medium curry (2 – 4 portions)
Ingredients – curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 green chillies (1 1/2 deseeded to take out kick)
- Handful coriander
- 4-5cm worth fresh ginger
- 1 tsp crushes coriander seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
Ingredients – full meal
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100g broccoli cut into strips
- Leftover turkey
- 2 eschallion shallots diced
- roast yellow pepper, 2 chillies and tomatoes at 180 C for about 30 mins.
- Blend the roasted veg and all other curry paste ingredients into a paste in the blender.
- Fry shallots and broccoli until tender.
- Add turkey and fry together.
- Add curry paste and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 5-15 mins.
- Serve with rice of your choice.